Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp Expert Consult, 11th Edition
The definitive endodontics reference, Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp is known for its comprehensive coverage of leading-edge information, materials, and techniques. It examines all aspects of endodontic care, from preparing the clinician and patient for endodontic treatment to the role the endodontist can play in the treatment of traumatic injuries and to the procedures used in the treatment of pediatric and older patients. Not only does Hargreaves and Cohen's 10th edition add five chapters on hot new topics, it also includes online access! As an Expert Consult title, Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp lets you search the entire contents of the book on your computer, and includes five online chapters not available in the printed text, plus videos, a searchable image collection, and more. For evidence-based endodontics research and treatment, this is your one-stop resource!
- Print version of the text includes 27 comprehensive chapters and meets the CODA requirements for endodontic dental education.
- EBook version of the text consists of 30 searchable chapters, including the 27 chapters in the print version, and features videos, PowerPoint® slides, review questions, case studies, and more; this expanded version makes it easy to find clinical answers quickly, and meets the needs of students, clinicians, and residents in endodontics.
- Videos and animations demonstrate key procedures such as palpation of the masseter muscle, introsseous anesthesia with the X-tip™ system, dentin hypersensitivity, indirect ultrasound, palpation of the temporomandibular joint, and ultrasonic settling.
- Over 2,000 illustrations include full-color photos and line art, along with a wide range of radiographs, clearly demonstrating core concepts and reinforcing the essential principles and techniques of endodontics.
- NEW co-editor Dr. Louis H. Berman joins lead editor Dr. Kenneth M. Hargreaves for this edition, and a respected team of contributors includes experts from many U.S.-based dental education programs, as well as programs in Canada, the U.K., Norway, Sweden, France, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
New to this Edition
- NEW chapter organization reflects the chronology of endodontic treatment with three comprehensive sections: Clinical Endodontics, focusing on core clinical concepts, and Biological Basis of Endodontics and Endodontics in Clinical Practice, both with information that advanced students, endodontic residents, and clinicians need to know.
- NEW! Three chapters are available in the eBook: Understanding and Managing the Anxious Patient, Endodontic Records and Legal Responsibilities, and Endodontic Practice Management.
- NEW Radiographic Interpretation chapter clarifies the diagnostic process with coverage of imaging modalities, diagnostic tasks, three-dimensional imaging, cone beam computed tomography, intra- or post-operative assessment of endodontic treatment complications, and more.
- NEW Pain Control chapter addresses the management of acute endodontic pain with coverage of local anesthesia for restorative dentistry and endodontics, along with nonnarcotic analgesics and therapeutic recommendations.
- NEW Evaluation of Outcomes chapter helps you achieve optimal treatment outcomes with information on topics such as the reasons for evaluating outcomes, outcome measurements for endodontic treatment, and the outcomes of vital pulp therapy procedures, non-surgical root canal treatment, non-surgical retreatment, and surgical retreatment.
- NEW Root Resorption chapter covers the early detection, diagnosis, and histological features of root resorption, as well as external inflammatory resorption, external cervical resorption, and internal resorption.
- NEW Iatrogenic Endodontics chapter addresses failed treatment scenarios with key information on the event itself, the etiology, soft and hard tissue implications and symptoms, and treatment options and prognosis; the events include cervico-facial subcutaneous emphysema, sodium hypochlorite accidents, perforations (non-surgical), inferior alveolar nerve injury, surgical, sinus perforation, instrument separation, apical extrusion of obturation materials, and ledge formation.
- NEW Vital Pulp Therapy chapter provides an overview of new treatment concepts for the preservation of the pulpally involved permanent tooth, covering topics such as the living pulp, pulpal response to caries, procedures for generating reparative dentin, indications and materials for vital pulp therapy, MTA applications, and treatment recommendations.
- NEW Bleaching chapter addresses procedures that can be utilized during and following endodontic treatment to eliminate or reduce any discoloration issues, reviewing internal and external bleaching procedures and their impact on pulpal health/endodontic treatment - with presentations of cases and clinical protocols.
By Kenneth M. Hargreaves, DDS, PhD, FICD, FACD, Professor and Chair Department of Endodontics Professor Departments of Pharmacology, Physiology (Graduate School) and Surgery (Medical School) President's Council Endowed Chair in Research University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio San Antonio, TX Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics and Louis H. Berman, DDS, FACD , Clinical Associate Professor Department of Endodontics School of Dentistry University of Maryland Baltimore, MD Faculty, Albert Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, PA Private Practice, Annapolis Endodontics Annapolis, MD Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics
|Autor||Louis H. Berman & Kenneth M. Hargreaves|
|Data de publicação||11/2015|