Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Cell Biology, 3rd Ed
The much-anticipated 3rd edition of Cell Biology delivers comprehensive, clearly written, and richly illustrated content to today's students, all in a user-friendly format. Relevant to both research and clinical practice, this rich resource covers key principles of cellular function and uses them to explain how molecular defects lead to cellular dysfunction and cause human disease. Concise text and visually amazing graphics simplify complex information and help readers make the most of their study time.
- Clearly written format incorporates rich illustrations, diagrams, and charts.
- Uses real examples to illustrate key cell biology concepts.
- Includes beneficial cell physiology coverage.
- Clinically oriented text relates cell biology to pathophysiology and medicine.
- Takes a mechanistic approach to molecular processes.
New to this Edition
- Major new didactic chapter flow leads with the latest on genome organization, gene expression and RNA processing.
- Boasts exciting new content including the evolutionary origin of eukaryotes, super resolution fluorescence microscopy, cryo-electron microscopy, gene editing by CRISPR/Cas9, contributions of high throughput DNA sequencing to understand genome organization and gene expression, microRNAs, IncRNAs, membrane-shaping proteins, organelle-organelle contact sites, microbiota, autophagy, ERAD, motor protein mechanisms, stem cells, and cell cycle regulation.
- Features specially expanded coverage of genome sequencing and regulation, endocytosis, cancer genomics, the cytoskeleton, DNA damage response, necroptosis, and RNA processing.
- Includes hundreds of new and updated diagrams and micrographs,plus fifty new protein and RNA structures to explain molecular mechanisms in unprecedented detail.
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and over a dozen animations from the book on a variety of devices.
By Thomas D. Pollard, MD, Sterling Professor, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT; William C. Earnshaw, PhD, FRSE, Professor and Wellcome Trust Principal Research Fellow, Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, ICB, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom; Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz, PhD, Head, Section on Organelle Biology, Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD and Graham Johnson, MA, PhD, CMI, Director, Animated Cell, Allen Institute for Cell Biology, Seattle, Washington;, QB3 Faculty Fellow, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California
|Autor||Thomas D. Pollard & William C. Earnshaw & Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz & Graham|
|Data de publicação||01/2017|