Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos do seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Medical Microbiology, 8th Edition
Turn to Medical Microbiology, 8th Edition for a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of microbes and their diseases. This succinct, easy-to-use text presents the fundamentals of microbiology and immunology in a clearly written, engaging manner-effectively preparing you for your courses, exams, and beyond.
- Coverage of basic principles, immunology, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology help you master the essentials.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter correlate basic science with clinical practice to help you understand the clinical relevance of the organisms examined.
- Clinical cases illustrate the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases, reinforcing a clinical approach to learning.
- Full-color clinical photographs, images, and illustrations help you visualize the clinical presentations of infections.
- Summary tables and text boxes emphasizing essential concepts and learning issues optimize exam review.
- Additional images, 200 self-assessment questions, NEW animations, and more.
New to this Edition
- Student Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience includes access -- on a variety of devices -- to the complete text, videos, images, and references from the book.
- Thoroughly updated chapters include the latest information on the human microbiome and probiotics/prebiotics; including a new chapter on Human Microbiome In Health and Disease.
- NEW chapter summaries introduce each microbe chapter, including trigger words and links to the relevant chapter text (on e-book version on Student Consult), providing a concise introduction or convenient review for each topic.
- Online access to the complete text, additional images, 200 self-assessment questions, NEW animations, and more is available through Student Consult.
By Patrick R. Murray, PhD, Worldwide Director, Scientific Affairs and Diagnostic Systems, BD Diagnostics, Sparks, Maryland ; Ken S. Rosenthal, PhD, Professor of Biomedical Sciences and Director Microbiology and Immunology, Roseman University of Health, Las Vegas, NV and Michael A. Pfaller, MD, Emeritus Professor, Pathology and Epidemiology, University of Iowa College of Medicine and College of Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa
|Autor||Patrick R. Murray & Ken S. Rosenthal & Michael A. Pfaller|
|Data de publicação||11/2015|