Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Integrative Medicine, 4th Edition
Stay on the cutting edge of today's most promising trends in complementary and alternative medical treatments with Dr. David Rakel's Integrative Medicine, 4th Edition. Written by physicians who are experts in both traditional and integrative medicine, this highly regarded, evidence-based reference covers therapies such as botanicals, supplements, mind-body, lifestyle choices, nutrition, exercise, spirituality, and more. Integrative Medicine, 4th Editionuses a clinical, disease-oriented approach, offering practical guidance for reducing costs and improving patient care.
- Helps you safely and effectively incorporate complementary and alternative therapies into your everyday practice, while focusing on prevention and wellness for a better quality of life.
- Uses the reliable SORT method (Strength of Recommendation Taxonomy) to provide evidence-based ratings, grading both the evidence and the relative potential harm.
- Explains how to make the best use of integrative medicine and the mechanisms by which these therapeutic modalities work, keeping you at the forefront of the trend toward integrative health care.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
New to this Edition
- Includes 13 brand-new chapters, covering hot topics such as personalized medicine, MTHFR mutation, food allergy and intolerance, the gut-immune influence on systemic inflammation and disease, chelation therapy, testosterone deficiency, adrenal fatigue, and much more.
- Features more than 100 significantly revised chapters and hundreds of new figures and tables throughout.
- Provides online access to new multiple-choice questions for every chapter, perfect for board exam review - plus downloadable Patient Education Guides and video collections.
By David Rakel, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
"This is a comprehensive reference that should be useful to medical physicians and other healthcare providers who are considering the use of nonpharmacological therapies for their patients with a wide range of health problems. Due to the expanding interest in the field of integrative medicine among both patients and healthcare providers, this update with 15 new chapters is timely and warranted." Reviewed by Charles E. Sawyer, BA, DC (Northwestern Health Sciences University) for Doody's Review Service
|Data de publicação||05/2017|