Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2020
Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with guidance from the most trusted name in coding education! The bestselling Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding is a practical, easy-to-use resource that shows you exactly how to code using all current coding sets. To reinforce your understanding, practice exercises follow the explanations of each coding concept. In addition to coverage of reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding, an Evolve website includes 30-day access to TruCode® Encoder Essentials. No other book so thoroughly covers all coding sets!
- Theory and practical review questions (located at the end of each chapter) focus on recalling important chapter information and application of codes.
- A step-by-step approach makes it easier to build your coding skills and remember the material.
- 30-day trial to TruCode® Encoder Essentials gives you experience with using an encoder (plus access to additional encoder practice exercises on the Evolve website).
- UNIQUE! "Real-life" coding reports simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Online activities on Evolve provide extra practice with assignments, including coding reports.
- More than 450 illustrations help you understand the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, and include examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- Learning objective and glossary review questions reinforce your understanding of key chapter concepts and terms
- UNIQUE! Four coding-question variations - covering both single-code questions and multiple-code questions and scenarios - develop your coding ability and critical thinking skills.
- UNIQUE! Coders' Index in the back of the book makes it easy to quickly locate specific codes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting boxes show the official guidelines wording for inpatient and outpatient coding alongside in-text explanations.
- Exercises, Quick Checks, and Toolbox features reinforce coding rules and concepts, and emphasize key information.
- Valuable tips and advice are offered in features such as From the Trenches, Coding Shots, Stop!, Caution!, Check This Out, and CMS Rules.
- Sample EHR screenshots (in Appendix D) show examples similar to the electronic health records you will encounter in the workplace.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Coding updates include the latest information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
|Data de publicação||01/2020|