Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Diagnostic Pathology: Infectious Diseases, 2nd Edition
Part of the highly regarded Diagnostic Pathology series and written by Danny A. Milner, Jr., MD, this updated volume covers all aspects of infectious disease pathology, including anatomic manifestations and how to ensure a complete and accurate sign out at the microscope. Concise, focused chapters, supported by thousands of high-quality images, make this second edition an excellent point-of-care resource for pathologists at all levels of experience and training-both as a quick reference and as an efficient review to improve knowledge and skills.
- Provides essential information by organism type (virus, bacteria, fungi, and parasite), further divided by those organisms that can be diagnosed on histological appearance, to help you quickly and accurately identify what you see at the microscope
- Contains new information on Zika virus, rhinosporidiosis, coenurosis, and more, as well as new material on approaching emerging infections with a biosafety/notification focus
- Features additional figures and diagrams to help with rare organism identification, and new details on an algorithmic approach to identification
- Includes coverage of iatrogenic immunosuppression and organism correlations, explanatory life cycles with emphasis on when pathology occurs, updated diagnostics sections on molecular testing, and diagrammatic correlations of viruses with accompanying electron microscope imagery
- Contains time-saving features such as bulleted text, annotated images, reference tables, and more
- Offers Key Facts that highlight the quick criteria needed for diagnosis or evaluation at the time of a procedure
- Explains when and when not to use molecular diagnostics, and discusses histological limitations and how to address them at sign out
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
By Danny A Milner, MD, MSc, Pathologist, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Assistant Medical Director, Microbiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
|Autor||Danny A Milner|
|Data de publicação||08/25019|