Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Essentials for Nursing Practice, 9e
Get a solid foundation in essential nursing principles, concepts, and skills! Essentials for Nursing Practice, 9th Edition combines everything you need from your fundamentals course and streamlines it into a format that's perfect for busy nursing students. The ninth edition retains many classic features, including chapter case studies, procedural guidelines, and special considerations for various age groups, along with new content including a chapter on Complementary and Alternative Therapies, interactive clinical case studies on Evolve, a new Reflective Learning section, and QSEN activities to encourage active learning. Thoroughly reviewed by nursing clinical experts and educators, this new edition ensures you learn nursing Essentials with the most accurate, up-to-date, and easy-to-understand book on the market.
- Progressive case studies are introduced at the beginning of the chapter and are then used to tie together the care plan, concept map, and clinical decision-making exercises.
- Focused Patient Assessment tables include actual questions to help you learn how to effectively phrase questions to patients as well as target physical assessment techniques.
- Nursing skills at the end of each chapter feature full-bleed coloring on the edge of the page to make them easy to locate.
- Safety guidelines for nursing skills sections precede each skills section to help you focus on safe and effective skills performance.
- Detailed care plans in the text and on Evolve demonstrate the application of the 5-step nursing process to individual patient problems to help you understand how a plan is developed and how to evaluate care.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions for skills alert you to possible problems and appropriate nursing action.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying an outcome, then developing strategies on how to teach, and finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Care of the Older Adult boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this growing population.
- Key points neatly summarize the most important content for each chapter to help you review and evaluate learning.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes include a PICO question, summary of the results of a research study, and a F description of how the study has affected nursing practice - in every chapter.
- Patient-Centered Care boxes address racial and ethnic diversity along with the cultural differences that impact socioeconomic status, values, geography, and religion.
- 65 Skills and procedural guidelines provide clear, step-by-step instructions for providing safe nursing care.
- 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for clinical chapters.
- Concept maps visually demonstrate planning care for patients with multiple diagnoses.
- NOC outcomes, NIC interventions, and NANDA diagnoses are incorporated in care plans to reflect the standard used by institutions nationwide.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Chapter on Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Therapies addresses new content now included on the NCLEX® exam.
- NEW! Clinical case studies guide you through creation of care plans and foster clinical thinking.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Reflective Learning section helps you better understand and reflect on your clinical and simulation experiences as you move through your first nursing course
- NEW! QSEN activities woven throughout help you process what you've learned and develop an eye for safety
- NEW! Updated standards and evidence throughout includes the newest INS and WOCN standards and mean you'll be delivering the best care possible
By Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO ; Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL; Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL and Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing, Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Evansville, Evansville, IN
|Autor||Patricia A. Potter & Anne Griffin Perry & Patricia Stockert & Amy Hall|
|Data de publicação||04/2018|