Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition
HARRISON’S IS MEDICINE!
Introducing the Landmark Twentieth Edition of the Global Icon of Internal Medicine
The definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state-of-the art radiographic images, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, hundreds of demonstrative full-color drawings, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms
Essential for practice and education, the landmark 20th Edition features:
- Thoroughly revised content―covering the many new breakthroughs and advances in clinical medicine that have occurred since the last edition of Harrison’s. Chapters on acute and chronic hepatitis, management of diabetes, immune-based therapies in cancer, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, HIV, and many more, deliver the very latest information on disease mechanisms, diagnostic options, and the specific treatment guidance you need to provide optimal patient care.
- State-of-the-art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision-making and higher value care, but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention.
- All-new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Sex and Gender-based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, and Metabolic Syndrome; and Consultative Medicine―and contain knowledge-building chapters on increasingly vital, fast-evolving areas of medical science and clinical medicine. Plus, a new Part covering cutting-edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Health and Disease, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Emerging Neuro-Therapeutic Technologies, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
- Important and timely new chapters―such as Promoting Good Health, LGBT Health, Systems of Healthcare, Approach to Medical Consultation, Pharmacogenomics, Antimicrobial Resistance, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more―offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must-know topics in medical education and practice.
- Streamlined opening section, “The Profession of Medicine,” has been re-organized to focus on the bedrock principles of what it means to practice medicine, and features new up-to-date chapters on two crucial issues in modern healthcare: Promoting Good Health and Systems of Care. The first chapter in this Part is perhaps the most famous and useful current review of what is means to be a clinician in the 21st century.
- Part 2: Cardinal Manifestations of Disease is a Harrison’s hallmark that explains the underlying physiologic, anatomical and biochemical changes that result in the outward expression of signs and symptoms; it offers high-value, high-yield guidance on differential diagnosis that will benefit all clinicians at all levels.
- Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from world-renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the text material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient outcomes.
- 1,300 visual elements (many in full color)
- End-of-chapter suggested readings reinforce the text material and provide a robust platform for further study and research.
|Autor||Dennis L. Kasper y Anthony S. Fauci|
|Data de publicação||08/2018|