Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Feigin and Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition 2 vols
Offering unparalleled coverage of infectious diseases in children and adolescents, Feigin & Cherry's Textbook of Pediatric Infectious Diseases 8th Edition,continues to provide the information you need on epidemiology, public health, preventive medicine, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, and much more. This extensively revised edition by Drs. James Cherry, Gail J. Demmler-Harrison, Sheldon L. Kaplan, William J. Steinbach, and Peter J. Hotez, offers a brand-new full-color design, new color images, new guidelines, and new content, reflecting today's more aggressive infectious and resistant strains as well as emerging and re-emerging diseases
- Discusses infectious diseases according to organ system, as well as individually by microorganisms, placing emphasis on the clinical manifestations that may be related to the organism causing the disease.
- Provides detailed information regarding the best means to establish a diagnosis, explicit recommendations for therapy, and the most appropriate uses of diagnostic imaging.
New to this Edition
- Features expanded information on infections in the compromised host; immunomodulating agents and their potential use in the treatment of infectious diseases; and Ebola virus.
- Contains hundreds of new color images throughout, as well as new guidelines, new resistance epidemiology, and new Global Health Milestones.
- Includes new chapters on Zika virus and Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By James Cherry, MD, MSc, Distinguished Professor of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; Attending Physician, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Gail J. Demmler-Harrison, MD, Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine; Attending Physician, Infectious Diseases Service, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX; Sheldon L. Kaplan, MD, Professor and Vice-Chairman for Clinical Affairs, Head, Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine; Chief, Infectious Disease Service, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX; William J. Steinbach, MD, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Attending Physician, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina and Peter J Hotez, MD, PhD, Dean, National School of Tropical Medicine, Professor, Pediatrics and Molecular & Virology and Microbiology, Head, Section of Pediatric Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine; Texas Children's Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics, Director, Sabin Vaccine Institute and Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, President, Sabin Vaccine Institute, Houston, Texas, USA
|Autor||James Cherry & Gail J. Demmler-Harrison & Sheldon L. Kaplan & William J. Steinbach & Peter Hotez|
|Data de publicação||02/2018|