Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 6th Edition
The Tietz Textbook of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, 6th Edition provides the most current and authoritative guidance on selecting, performing, and evaluating the results of new and established laboratory tests. This classic clinical chemistry reference offers encyclopedic coverage of the field that defines analytical criteria for the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures, introduces new approaches for establishing reference ranges, describes variables that affect tests and results, examines modern analytical tools and their impact on laboratory management and costs, and demonstrates the applications of statistical methods. It is THE definitive reference in clinical chemistry, now fully searchable and with quarterly content updates, podcasts, and extended content online through Expert Consult.
- Analytical criteria focus on the medical usefulness of laboratory procedures.
- Reference ranges show new approaches for establishing these ranges - and provide the latest information on this topic.
- Lab management and costs gives students and chemists the practical information they need to assess costs, allowing them to do their job more efficiently and effectively.
- Statistical methods coverage provides you with information critical to the practice of clinical chemistry.
- Internationally recognized chapter authors are considered among the best in their field.
- Two-color design highlights important features, illustrations, and content to help you find information easier and faster.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Internationally recognized chapter authors are considered among the best in their field.
- NEW! Expert Consult features fully searchable text, quarterly content updates, clinical case studies, animations, podcasts, atlases, biochemical calculations, multiple-choice questions, links to Medline, an image collection, and audio interviews. You will now enjoy an online version making utility of this book even greater.
- UPDATED! Expanded Molecular Diagnostics section with 12 chapters that focus on emerging issues and techniques in the rapidly evolving and important field of molecular diagnostics and genetics ensures this text is on the cutting edge and of the most value.
- NEW! Comprehensive list of Reference Intervals for children and adults with graphic displays developed using contemporary instrumentation.
- NEW! Standard and international units of measure make this text appropriate for any user - anywhere in the world.
- NEW! 22 new chapters that focus on applications of mass spectrometry, hematology, transfusion medicine, microbiology, biobanking, biomarker utility in the pharmaceutical industry and more!
- NEW! Expert senior editors, Nader Rifai, Carl Wittwer and Rita Horvath, bring fresh perspectives and help ensure the most current information is presented.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly revised and peer-reviewed chapters provide you with the most current information possible.
By Nader Rifai
"Wow - what a makeover of this renowned textbook of clinical chemistry and molecular diagnostics. This edition continues its excellence in clinical chemistry and its foray in the past few editions into molecular diagnostics. These chapters are incredibly dense and fact filled; many might suffice as standalone expert treatises." Reviewed by Valerie L. Ng, PhD, MD (Alameda County Medical Center/Highland Hospital) Doody's Score: 94, 4 Stars!
"...The 6th edition of the Tietz textbook hits the mark on many different fronts. In addition to the excellent Editors, Associate Editors, Reviewers, and Contributors to the textbook that make the content extremely valuable, the transformation from the 2012 book to the 2017 platform is what is really exciting. It is clearly evident that the Editors and the Contributors have made an effort to provide the content that is useful for education in the global context..."
Reviewed by: Peter Kavsak, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University in Clinical Biochemistry, Volume 50, Issue12
|Data de publicação||03/2017|