Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos do seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Osborn's Brain, 2nd Edition
Comprehensive, visually appealing, and easy to understand, Osborn's Brain, second edition, by the highly esteemed Dr. Anne G. Osborn, provides a solid framework for understanding the complex subject of brain imaging when studied cover to cover. Almost completely rewritten and featuring 75% new illustrations, it combines essential anatomy with gross pathology and imaging, clearly demonstrating why and how diseases appear the way they do. The most immediate emergent diagnostic topics are followed by nonemergent pathologies, integrating the most relevant information from Dr. Osborn's entire career of accumulated knowledge, experience, and interest in neuropathology, neurosurgery, and clinical neurosciences.
New to this Edition
- Includes new WHO classifications of brain tumors, new entities including IgG4-related disease and CLIPPERS, new and emerging infectious diseases, and updated insights into brain trauma and brain degeneration
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Covers the "must-know" aspects of brain imaging together with spectacular pathology examples, relevant anatomy, and up-to-date techniques in neuroradiology-perfect for radiologists, neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, and neurologists at all levels
- Begins with emergent topics such as trauma, nontraumatic hemorrhage, stroke, and vascular lesions, followed by infections, demyelinating and inflammatory diseases, neoplasms, toxic-metabolic-degenerative disorders, and congenital brain malformations
- Features more than 4,000 stunning, high-resolution radiologic images and medical illustrations, all of which are annotated to describe the most clinically significant features
- Includes Dr. Osborn's trademark summary boxes scattered throughout for quick review of essential facts, as well as the most recent and up-to-date references available
- Helps readers think clearly about diagnoses, types of diagnoses, and the various pathologies that can affect the brain
By Anne G. Osborn, MD, FACR, University Distinguished Professor and Professor of Radiology, William H. and Patricia W. Child Presidential Endowed Chair in Radiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah; Gary L. Hedlund, DO, Adjunct Professor of Radiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Director, Pediatric Neuroimaging, Pediatric Neuroradiologist, Department of Medical Imaging, Primary Children's Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah and Karen L. Salzman, MD, Professor of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Neuroradiology Section Chief and Fellowship Director, Leslie W. Davis Endowed Chair in Neuroradiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah
|Autor||Anne G. Osborn, Gary L. Hedlund, Karen L. Salzman|