Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos do seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Volpe's Neurology of the Newborn, 6th Edition
Date of Publication: 11/2017
The 5th edition of this indispensable resource captures the latest insights in neonatal neurology in a totally engaging, readable manner. World authority Dr. Joseph Volpe has completely revised his masterwork from cover to cover, describing everything from the most up-to-the-minute discoveries in genetics through the latest advances in the diagnosis and management of neurologic disorders. He delivers all the clinical guidance you need to provide today's most effective care for neonates with neurological conditions.
New to this Edition
- Features a brand new, full-color design with hundreds of new figures, tables, algorithms, and micrographs.
- Includes two entirely new chapters: Neurodevelopmental Follow-Up and Stroke in the Newborn; a new section on Neonatal Seizures; and an extensively expanded section on Hypoxic-Ischemia and Other Disorders.
- Showcases the experience and knowledge of a new editorial team, led by Dr. Joseph Volpe and Dr. Terrie E. Inder, Chair of the Department of Pediatric Newborn Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, all of whom bring a wealth of insight to this classic text.
- Offers comprehensive updates from cover to cover to reflect all of the latest information regarding the development of the neural tube; prosencephalic development; congenital hydrocephalus; cerebellar hemorrhage; neuromuscular disorders and genetic testing; and much more.
- Uses an improved organization to enhance navigation.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, Q&As, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Terrie E Inder, MB, ChB, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Department of Pediatric Newborn Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts; Joseph J. Volpe, MD, Bronson Crothers Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Neurologist-in-Chief, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA; Adre J du Plessis, MB, ChB, The Fetal Medicine Institute, Children's National Health System, Washington, Distric of Columbia; Jeffrey M Perlman, MBChB, Chief, Division of Newborn Medicine, Professor of Pediatrics, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York; Basil T. Darras, Children's Hospital, Boston, MA, USA; Jeffrey Neil, MD, Boston Children's Hospital, Department of Neurology, Boston, Massachusetts and Linda S de Vries, MD, Professor of Neonatal Neurology, Department of Neonatology, UMC Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
"An extraordinary work of scholarship . . . The strength of this book is the strong clinical emphasis that is incorporated from lessons learned from basic and clinical research . . . The book is so comprehensive, it is beyond criticism . . . remains a treasure for those interested in neurologic problems of the newborn, serving both as a resource and as a stimulus for future research endeavors." - Pediatric Neurology, review of the 4th edition
|Autor||Joseph J. Volpe, MD, Terrie E Inder, MB, ChB, MD, Basil T. Darras, Linda S de Vries, MD, Adre J du Plessis, MB, ChB, Jeffrey Neil, MD and Jeffrey M Perlman, MBChB|
|Data de publicação||11/2017|