Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos do seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Youmans and Winn Neurological Surgery, 4-Volume Set, 7th Edition
Dramatically updated to reflect recent advances in the basic and clinical neurosciences, Youmans and Winn Neurological Surgery, 7th Edition remains your reference of choice for authoritative guidance on surgery of the nervous system. Four comprehensive volumes thoroughly cover all you need to know about functional and restorative neurosurgery, (FRN)/deep brain stimulation (DBS), stem cell biology, radiological and nuclear imaging, and neuro-oncology, as well as minimally-invasive surgeries in spine and peripheral nerve surgery, endoscopic and other approaches for cranial procedures and cerebrovascular diseases. Seventy new chapters, an expanded video library, and revised content throughout help you master new procedures, new technologies, and essential anatomic knowledge. This unparalleled multimedia resource covers the entire specialty with the unquestioned guidance you've come to expect from the "Bible of neurological surgery."
- Each clinical section contains chapters on technology specific for that particular clinical area.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
New to this Edition
- An expanded video library includes more than 300 videos with audio commentary, including 36 stunning anatomy videos, more than 100 videos demonstrating intra-operative procedures, and lectures that clarify key concepts.
- 70 new chapters provide cutting-edge information on Surgical Anatomy of the Skull Base; Coagulation for the Neurosurgeon; Brain Retraction; Optogenetics and Clarity; Ablative Procedures for Parkinson's Disease; Nerve Transfers; Indications and Techniques of Revision Spine Surgery; Traumatic Brain Injury: Proteomic Biomarkers; Acute Surgical and Endovascular Management of Ischemic/Hemorrhagic Stroke; and many more.
- Thorough coverage of new techniques and approaches, including minimally-invasive surgeries in spine and peripheral nerve surgery, endoscopic approaches for cranial procedures, and stereotactic and robot-assisted surgery.
- Each section contains a new chapter providing an expert overview from experienced Section Editors, including a report on ongoing controversies within that subspecialty.
- Updates include expanded coverage of the basic science of CNS infections, increased content on radiology and anatomy, new chapters on various aspects of patient safety, new coverage of anti-coagulation therapy in the elderly, new skull base approaches, an overview of spinal biomechanics for all forms of spinal instrumentation, detailed coverage of intraoperative navigation, improved methods of tumor resection and the role of whole-brain radiotherapy, and much more.
- Reorganized content facilitates ease of navigation, so you can find what you need quickly.
By H. Richard Winn, MD, Professor and Director of Neurosurgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York; Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York; Adjunct Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa; Clinical Professor, Weill Medical College, Columbia University, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York; Visiting Professor of Surgery (Neurosurgery), Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu, Nepal
"There is no doubt that Neurological Surgery is the grand dame of the major neurosurgical textbooks.and is recommended without hesitation."- JAMA, (review of 4th edition)
|Autor||H. Richard Winn|
|Data de publicação||11/20016|