Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Guccione's Geriatric Physical Therapy, 4th
Offering a comprehensive look at physical therapy science and practice, Guccione's Geriatric Physical Therapy, 4th Edition is a perfect resource for both students and practitioners alike. Year after year, this text is recommended as the primary preparatory resource for the Geriatric Physical Therapy Specialization exam. And this new fourth edition only gets better. Content has been thoroughly revised to keep you up to date on the latest geriatric physical therapy protocols and conditions. Five new chapters have also been added to this edition to help you learn how to better manage common orthopedic, cardiopulmonary, and neurologic conditions; become familiar with functional outcomes and assessments; and better understand the psychosocial aspects of aging. In all, you can rely on Guccione's Geriatric Physical Therapy to help you effectively care for today's aging patient population.
- Comprehensive coverage of geriatric physical therapy prepares students and clinicians you to provide thoughtful, evidence-based care for aging patients.
- Combination of foundational knowledge and clinically relevant information gives you a meaningful background in how to effectively manage geriatric disorders
- Updated information reflects the most recent and relevant information on the Geriatric Clinical Specialty Exam.
- Standard APTA terminology introduces you to the terms you will hear in practice.
- Expert authorship ensures all information is authoritative, current, and clinically accurate.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Thoroughly revised and updated content across all chapters keeps you up to date with the latest geriatric physical therapy protocols and conditions.
- NEW! References located at the end of each chapter point you towards credible external sources for further information on a given topic.
- NEW! Treatment chapters guide you in managing common conditions in orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, and neurology.
- NEW! Chapter on functional outcomes and assessment lists relevant scores for the most frequently used tests.
- NEW! Chapter on psychosocial aspects of aging give students a well-rounded view of the social and mental conditions commonly affecting their geriatric patients.
- NEW! Chapter on frailty covers a wide variety of interventions to optimize treatment.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook format is included with purchase.
By Dale Avers, PT, DPT, PhD, Director, Transitional DPT Program, Department of Physical Therapy Education, College of Health Professions, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY and Rita Wong, EdD, PT, Physical Therapy Department Chair, Professor of Physical Therapy, Marymount University, Arlington, VA
|Autor||Dale Avers & Rita Wong|
|Data de publicação||01/2020|