Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Manual of Canine and Feline Cardiology, 5th Edition
The most effective, practical approach to the recognition and management of cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary medicine, MANUAL OF CANINE AND FELINE CARDIOLOGY, 4th Edition takes a user-friendly approach to the challenges and conditions you encounter in everyday practice. This completely revised and updated edition includes vital information on diagnostic modalities and techniques, therapeutic options, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical management of the dog and cat cardiac patient. This invaluable, practical reference covers the full breadth of canine and feline cardiology diagnosis and management in a straightforward and clinically focused format.
- The latest coverage on common cardiovascular disorders and practical treatment methods addresses topics, such as: cardiac failure, cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disturbances, cardiopulmonary arrest, and more.
- Easy-to-follow organization separates content into three sections that build on each other - Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease; Section 2: Cardiovascular Disease; Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Extensive art program contains vivid illustrations, clinical photographs, and color Doppler images.
- Drug formulary appendix features a list of commonly used cardiopulmonary drugs, along with formulations, indications, and dosages (for both dogs and cats).
- Streamlined text, bullet points, and helpful boxes help to highlight the most important clinical content.
- Highlighted key points spotlight key information, diagnosis considerations, clinical tips and more.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Genetic and Biomarker Testing of Cardiovascular Diseases chapter covers genetic testing for mutations associated with specific cardiac diseases and testing for circulating substances indicative of heart disease or injury.
- NEW! Nutrition and Cardiovascular Disease chapter focuses on the significant role nutrition can play in preventing or treating cardiac disease.
- NEW! Significantly revised Echocardiography chapter features the latest information on indications and the role of the electrocardiogram in clinical practice.
- NEW! All new doppler echocardiogram images in the Feline Cardiomyopathy chapter show the primary cardiomyopathies, including: severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, severe hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, severe dilated cardiomyopathy, severe endomyocardial fibrosis and restrictive cardiomyopathy, severe unclassified cardiomyopathy, and severe arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.
- NEW! Section on hybrid cardiac procedures in the Cardiac Surgery chapter include image-guided catheter-based interventions with direct transcardiac (transatrial, transventricular, transapical) surgical approaches to the heart.
By Francis W. K. Smith, Jr., DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine & Cardiology), Vice President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Lexington, MA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA; Larry P. Tilley, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine), President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Consultant, New Mexico Veterinary Specialty Referral Center, Santa Fe, NM; Mark Oyama, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology), Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA and Meg M. Sleeper, VMD, DACVIM(Cardiology), Assistant Professor and Section Chief, Cardiology, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
"This book of approximately 450 pages is an excellent review of the current state of the field of small animal cardiology. It is comprehensive and very thorough, up to date, has a scientific approach as well as being clinically oriented and it is very enjoyable to read. This book is an amazing accomplishment in the reviewer's opinion! (...) Boxes with frequently asked questions and key points help the reader to focus on the main issues, and complete this very valuable addition to small animal cardiology. Read it!"
- The European Journal of Companion Animal Practice, April 2009
|Autor||Francis W. K. Smith & Larry P. Tilley & Mark Oyama & Meg M. Sleeper|
|Data de publicação||07/2015|