Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Addiction Medicine: Science and Practice 2nd
Integrating scientific knowledge with today’s most effective treatment options, Addiction Medicine: Science and Practice, 2nd Edition, provides a wealth of information on addictions to substances and behavioral addictions. It discusses the concrete research on how the brain and body are affected by addictions, improving your understanding of how patients develop addictions and how best to personalize treatment and improve outcomes. This essential text is ideal for anyone who deals with patients with addictions in clinical practice, including psychiatrists, health psychologists, pharmacologists, social workers, drug counselors, trainees, and general physicians/family practitioners.
- Clearly explains the role of brain function in drug taking and other habit-forming behaviors, and shows how to apply this biobehavioral framework to the delivery of evidence-based treatment.
- Provides clinically relevant details on not only traditional sources of addiction such as cocaine, opiates, and alcohol, but also more recently recognized substances of abuse (e.g., steroids, inhalants) as well as behavioral addictions (e.g., binge eating, compulsive gambling, hoarding).
- Discusses current behavioral and medical therapies in depth, while also addressing social contexts that may affect personalized treatment.
- Contains new information on compliance-enhancing interventions, cognitive behavioral treatments, behavioral management, and other psychosocial interventions.
- Includes neurobiological, molecular, and behavioral theories of addiction, and includes a section on epigenetics.
- Contains up-to-date information throughout, including a new definition of status epilepticus, a current overview of Lennox Gastaut syndrome, and updates on new FDA-approved drugs for pediatric neurological disorders.
- Features expanded sections on evidence-based treatment options including pharmacotherapy, pharmacogenetics, and potential vaccines.
- Addresses addiction in regards to specific populations, including adolescents, geriatric, pregnant women, and health care professionals.
- Includes contributions from expert international authors, making this a truly global reference to addiction medicine.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
|Data de publicação||03/2020|