Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Brenner and Rector's The Kidney, 2-Volume Set , 11th
Put the world's most well-known kidney reference to work in your practice with the 11th Edition of Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. This two-volume masterwork provides expert, well-illustrated information on everything from basic science and pathophysiology to clinical best practices. Addressing current issues such as new therapies for cardiorenal syndrome, the increased importance of supportive or palliative care in advanced chronic kidney disease, increasing live kidney donation in transplants, and emerging discoveries in stem cell and kidney regeneration, this revised edition prepares you for any clinical challenge you may encounter.
- Extensively updated chapters throughout, providing the latest scientific and clinical information from authorities in their respective fields.
- Lifespan coverage of kidney health and disease from pre-conception through fetal and infant health, childhood, adulthood, and old age
- Discussions of today's hot topics, including the global increase in acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology, cardiovascular disease and renal disease, and global initiatives for alternatives in areas with limited facilities for dialysis or transplan
- New Key Points that represent either new findings or "pearls" of information that are not widely known or understoo
- New Clinical Relevance boxes that highlight the information you must know during a patient visit, such as pertinent physiology or pathophysiology
- Hundreds of full-color, high-quality photographs as well as carefully chosen figures, algorithms, and tables that illustrate essential concepts, nuances of clinical presentation and technique, and clinical decision making
- A new editor who is a world-renowned expert in global health and nephrology care in underserved populations, Dr. Valerie A. Luyckx from University of Zürich.
- Board review-style questions to help you prepare for certification or recertification.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
By Alan S. L. Yu, MD, Harry Statland and Solon Summerfield Professor of Medicine, Director, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension and the Kidney Institute, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas ; Karl Skorecki, MD, FRCP(C), FASN , Annie Chutick Professor and Chair in Medicine (Nephrology), Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Director of Medical and Research Development, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel; Glenn M. Chertow, MD, Norman S. Coplon/ Satellite Healthcare, Professor of Medicine, Chief, Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Palo Alto, California, USA; Philip A. Marsden, MD, Professor of Medicine, Elisabeth Hofmann Chair in Translational Research, Oreopoulos-Baxter Division Director of Nephrology; Vice Chair Research, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada ; Maarten W. Taal, MBChB, MMed, MD, FCP(SA), FRCP, Professor of Medicine, Division of Medical Sciences and Graduate Entry Medicine, University of Nottingham; Honorary Consultant Nephrologist, Department of Renal Medicine, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, United Kingdom and Valerie Luyckx
|Autor||Alan S. L. Yu & Glenn M. Chertow & Valerie Luyckx & Philip A. Marsden & Karl Skorecki & Maarten W. Taal|
|Data de publicação||11/2019|