Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Global Reconstructive Surgery
As the surgical community steps up to tackle the global burden of surgical disease in developing countries, Global Reconstructive Surgery is the first reference of its kind to offer focused, pertinent coverage of key areas surgeons need to understand to fully participate in this endeavor. It provides authoritative, real-world guidance on common surgeries performed around the world to help optimize outcomes in difficult environments and for a variety of conditions.
- Offers practical wisdom and experience from surgeons who have lived and worked in challenging global settings. The clear, organized format is based on the way clinicians examine, prepare for, and treat patients in resource-limited circumstances.
- Each chapter matches the clinical pathway and thought processes of care delivery, from the clinical problem and pre-operative assessment to operative intervention, post-operative care, and possible complications and options for management.
- Covers perioperative management, cleft and craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, burns, trauma, and key techniques commonly performed by surgeons across the globe.
- Includes the surgical steps of each procedure, photographs of clinical cases, and surgical pearls for resource-poor settings.
- Discusses alternative approaches related to cultural considerations and unavailability of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Ideal for plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, craniofacial surgeons. oral and maxillofacial surgeons, general surgeons - both those who volunteer for surgical trips and those training in local communities.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
By James Chang, MD, Professor and Chief, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
"This is truly an outstanding book that should be on the shelf of anyone working in the global arena."
-Donald R. Mackay, M.D (PRSJournal)
|Data de publicação||11/2018|