Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Concept-Based Clinical Nursing Skills
Are you looking for a new way of learning skills? Do you want to learn how to problem solve and think conceptually? Stein and Hollen's Concept-Based Clinical Nursing Skills: Fundamental to Advanced covers over 250 nursing skills in an innovative concept-based format with excellent illustrations, concise rationales, and current evidence. Unlike any other text, Stein and Hollen incorporate an overarching framework of seven critical concepts - accuracy, client-centered care, infection control, safety, communication, evaluation, and health maintenance - to drive home the importance of these key themes in performing nursing skills. Each section balances need-to-know narrative with step-by-step skills, and every chapter includes a detailed case study with a concept map to help you apply knowledge and use clinical judgement in clinical situations involving nursing skills.
- Over 250 step-by-step nursing skills with over 900 photos and illustrations.
- Language and concepts reflect those used on the NCLEX.
- Concept-based approach to skills education pairs well with the Giddens framework.
- Accuracy, Client-Centered Care, Infection Control, Safety, Communication, Evaluation, and Health Maintenance are reinforced throughout as Critical Concepts to skills performance.
- Case studies with concept maps depict patients with problems that might be experienced in the clinical setting and are followed by a series of critical thinking questions with every chapter.
- Application of the QSEN competencies: A question that challenges you to apply a QSEN competency is provided within the critical thinking questions of each case study.
- Lessons from the Evidence boxes highlight and summarize current research that can contribute to evidence-based clinical practice; Lessons from the Courtroom boxes summarize actual court cases related to the skills in the chapter in order to help you understand legal implications; and Lessons from Experience boxes use a storytelling format to share the experiences of more experienced nurses with students.
- Application of the nursing process: Nursing diagnoses that include specific examples of client outcomes and nursing interventions are presented within each section of the chapters.
- Uses an easy-to-understand, conversational writing style.
- Organized to present fundamental skills first, then intermediate acute care skills, and finally advanced skills often performed in critical care.
- Critical concepts align with the quality and safety framework of the QSEN competencies.
- Emphasis on safety and client centered care.
- Expect the Unexpected boxes use a storytelling format to present unexpected situations that could occur and explore appropriate responses to them.
- Home Care, Lifespan, and Cultural Considerations provided in each chapter.
- Performing an Assessment chapter details physical assessment skills.
- Evolve site for students features skills video clips, skills checklists for all skills, and NCLEX-style review questions.
By Loren Stein and Connie J Hollen
|Autor||Loren Nell Melton Stein & Connie J Hollen|
|Data de publicação||04/2020|