Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Critical Care Medicine: Principles of Diagnosis and Management in the Adult 5th
Now completely revised to bring you up to date with the latest advances in the field, Critical Care Medicine: Principles of Diagnosis and Management in the Adult, 5th Edition, delivers expert, practical guidance on virtually any clinical scenario you may encounter in the ICU. Designed for intensivists, critical care and pulmonology residents, fellows, practicing physicians, and nurse practitioners, this highly regarded text is clinically focused and easy to reference. Led by Drs. Joseph Parrillo and Phillip Dellinger, the 5th Edition introduces numerous new authors who lend a fresh perspective and contribute their expertise to that of hundreds of top authorities in the field.
- Includes new chapters on current applications of bedside ultrasound in the ICU, both diagnostic and procedural; mechanical assist devices; and extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Contains new administrative chapters that provide important information on performance improvement and quality, length of stay, operations, working with the Joint Commission, and more.
- Features new videos and images that provide visual guidance and clarify complex topics.
- Keeps you up to date with expanded chapters on echocardiography in the ICU and valvular heart disease, including TAVR.
- Includes separate chapters on mechanical ventilation of obstructive airway disease and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) - including the many recent changes in approach to positive end expiratory pressure setting in ARDS.
- Covers key topics such as patient-ventilator synchrony and non-invasive ventilation for treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with acute respiratory failure.
- Reflects the recent literature and guidance on amount of fluids, type of fluid, vasopressor selection, mean arterial pressure target, and decision on steroid use in septic shock.
- Provides questions and answers in every chapter, perfect for self-assessment and review.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Joseph E. Parrillo, MD, FCCM, Chairman, Heart and Vascular Hospital, Hackensack University Medical Center; Professor of Medicine, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Hackensack, New Jersey and R. Phillip Dellinger, MD, MS, Professor of Medicine, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; Director, Critical Care, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ
|Autor||Joseph E. Parrillo MD FCCM (Author), R. Phillip Dellinger MD MS (Author)|
|Data de publicação||01/2019|