Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Critical Care Nephrology, 3rd
Comprehensive and clinically relevant, the 3rd Edition of Critical Care Nephrology provides authoritative coverage of the latest advances in critical care procedures for patients with renal diseases or disorders. Using common guidelines and standardized approaches to critically ill patients, this multidisciplinary reference facilitates better communication among all physicians who care for critically ill patients suffering from kidney disease, electrolyte and metabolic imbalances, poisoning, severe sepsis, major organ dysfunction, and other pathological events.
- Offers detailed discussions of different forms of organ support, artificial organs, infections, acute illness occurring in chronic hemodialysis patients, and much more.
- Places a special emphasis on therapeutic interventions and treatment procedures for a hands on clinical reference tool.
- Presents information clearly, in a format designed for easy reference - from basic sciences to clinical syndromes to diagnostic tools.
- Covers special populations such as children, diabetic patients, and the elderly.
- An exceptional resource for nephrologists, intensivists, surgeons, or critical care physicians - anyone who treats critically ill renal patients.
New to this Edition
- Shares a combined commitment to excellence lead by Drs. Claudio Ronco, Rinaldo Bellomo, John Kellum, and Zaccaria Ricci - unparalleled leaders in this field.
- Addresses key topics with expanded coverage of acute kidney injury, stress biomarkers, and sepsis, including the latest developments on mechanisms and management.
- Provides up-to-date information on extracorporeal therapies from new editor Dr. Zaccaria Ricci.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Claudio Ronco, MD, Divisione di Nefrologia, Ospedale San Bortolo, Vicenza, Italy; Rinaldo Bellomo, MBBS(Hons), MD, FRACP, FCCP, Chairman, Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group; Director of Intensive Care Research, Department of Intensive Care, Austin & Repatriation Medical Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; John A. Kellum, MD, UPMC Presbyterian, Pittsburgh, PA and Zaccaria Ricci
"This is an excellent source of in-depth information on the intersection between critical illness and nephrology, making it a useful resource for practicing nephrologists or trainees about to enter practice given today's increasing acuity and use of the ICU. The comprehensive review of evidence is well cited, with many chapters written by recognizable field leaders, and well organized into intuitive sections. While it is a large book, its many chapters help compartmentalize information and it would work well as a quick reference guide once readers are familiar with its content. The electronic version is a nice addition and helps readers quickly search its content, but is not required. Overall, this book is an extensive and accessible review of current intensive care nephrology and would serve as an excellent resource for clinicians looking to expand their knowledge on an increasingly common intersection of practice." Reviewed by Paul Adams, BS MD (University of Kentucky College of Medicine) Doody's Score: 93, 4 Stars!
|Autor||Claudio Ronco & Rinaldo Bellomo & John Kellum & Zaccaria Ricci|
|Data de publicação||01/2018|