Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Dysphagia, 3rd Edition Clinical Management in Adults and Children
Master the evaluation and treatment of swallowing disorders! Dysphagia: Clinical Management in Adults and Children 3rd Edition provides the information you need to diagnose and manage dysphagia in patients of all ages. Emphasizing evidence-based practice this complete resource covers topics from esophageal disorders to respiratory and iatrogenic disorders. This edition adds a new Aging and Dysphagia chapter and is updated with the latest research and advances in dysphagia management. Written by speech-language pathology educators Michael E. Groher and Michael A. Crary this guide helps you develop clinical reasoning skills and learn today’s best practices in dysphagia management.
New to this edition
- NEW! Aging and Dysphagia chapter examines the increasing evidence that older persons living at home may be at risk for dysphagia without any overt underlying disease.
- UPDATED! Treatment for Adults chapter is thoroughly revised.
- NEW! Clinical Pearls highlight key information that you need to know to prepare for the clinical setting.
- UPDATED content and references throughout reflect the latest research in the field.
- Learning features include chapter outlines, learning objectives, and bullet-point summaries in each chapter, helping you focus on and master key content.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice prepares you to make and then properly support your diagnostic and treatment decisions.
- Case histories promote critical thinking in realistic clinical situations.
- Critical thinking questions help you assess your knowledge and reinforce understanding of the material.
- Video clips on the Evolve companion website depict a range of swallowing disorders.
|Autor||Michael E. Groher & Michael A. Crary|
|Data de publicação||10/2020|