Covering both emerging and proven techniques in this dynamic area of oral health, Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion, 8th Edition
is the only textbook that guides you from basic anatomy and function to providing solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal, abnormal, and dysfunctional occlusal relationships and masticatory function and dysfunction. A recognized industry-standard, this book's conservative, cost-effective approach, helps you learn how to achieve treatment goals while keeping the best interests of your patients in mind. Key Features
New to this Edition
- Globally recognize TMD expert author Jeff Okeson details the most current and effective solutions around.
- Evidence-Based Practice focus helps you to put the information and techniques in this book into practice to better the lives and relieve the suffering of your patients.
- Logical organization of content includes functional anatomy, etiology and identification of disturbances, treatment of disturbances, and occlusal therapy.
- Full-color design provides more vivid clinical photos and illustrations.
- Robust Art Program allows you to fully understand normal occlusion and masticatory function and learn to recognize and help manage abnormalities in these areas.
- Clinical Comment boxes give you critical thinking points and instructions on how to apply these to everyday clinical practice.
- NEW! Updated content includes enhanced research evidence.
- NEW! Clinical Photo Updates in Examination Chapter differentiate and strengthen images from the current edition.
- NEW! Addition of Expert Consult Site furthers your understanding of treatment goals and outcomes.
By Jeffrey P. Okeson
, DMD, Professor, Director of the Orofacial Pain Center, Director of the Division of Masticatory Function, Department of Oral Health Practice, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Lexington, KY