Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Physiotherapy in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2nd
This is the second edition of the highly acclaimed classic physiotherapy textbook which has become the definitive guide for undergraduate students, junior physiotherapists and practitioners specialising in obstetrics, gynaecology and urogynaecology. The text has been extensively re-written and up-dated for the twenty-first century by a group of respected specialists in the field.
Following in the footsteps of its very successful predecessor, Mantle and Polden's Physiotherapy in Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2E it is extensively referenced and copiously illustrated, and it documents in the most practical and relevant way the scientific and philosophical basis on which all good physiotherapeutic clinical intervention rests. Brimming with evidence based advice and practical tips, the book contains:
- A detailed anatomical description of the female reproductive, urinary and lower intestinal tracts together with associated structures.
- The physiology of reproduction, pregnancy, parturition, the puerperium as well as the menopause and beyond.
- A thorough reasoned account of the physiotherapist's role preconceptually, through the reproductive cycle, to the middle years and beyond
- Information on a wide range of gynaecological pathologies and relevant surgery
- Treatment of incontinence in much detail with separate chapters on both urinary and bowel dysfunctions.
This comprehensive text will be essential reading for all those participating in the post registration university physiotherapy courses in women's health and continence.
The editors, Jill Mantle, Jeanette Haslam and Sue Barton are internationally known as physiotherapists, academics, authors and researchers in this field.
- Amazingly thorough coverage of the physiotherapist's role in obstetrics and gynecology make this resource the definitive one of its kind.
- Information includes detailed anatomical descriptions of the female reproductive, urinary and lower intestinal tracts together with associated structures.
- Material on the physiology of reproduction, pregnancy, parturition, the puerperium, menopause, and more makes this text the definitive resource of its kind.
- Practical content features a reasoned account of the physiotherapist's role preconceptually, through the reproductive cycle, to the middle years and beyond.
- Comprehensive coverage includes a wide range of gynecological pathologies and relevant surgeries.
- Detailed coverage of treatment of incontinence provides helpful knowledge to any practitioner.
|Autor||Jill Mantle & Jeanette Haslam & Sue Barton|
|Data de publicação||04/2019|