Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Practical General Practice, 7th
Practical General Practice is a highly practical manual, specifically designed for use during the consultation process. Containing over 1000 conditions, the unique underlying structure of the book allows the GP to see immediately what treatment is recommended and why. All recommendations are highly specific - giving a firm guide to the GP during the consultation process rather than a list of possibilities that the GP might wish to consider.
It is thirty years since the first edition of this textbook was published. Since then there have been five editions, a wealth of new research and numerous new guidelines to improve the practice of evidence-based medicine. The seventh edition brings Practical General Practice right up to date with more robust guidance than has ever previously been possible.
- Bullet points for action which give the GP an immediate summary of the issues that must be covered in the consultation.
- Bullet points of the key evidence which justifies those recommendations.
- All chapters thoroughly revised, to reflect changes in the evidence, and in major guidelines, since the last edition.
- NNT values provided when available
- Appendices give the latest guidelines for management of various clinical conditions in general practice.
New to this Edition
- New editorial team
- New research and guidelines relating to evidence-based medicine included
- Greater focus on international guidelines and opinion
- New introductory chapter, Principles and Practice of Primary Care, taking account of topics relevant to the MRCGP exam
- Appendices thoroughly revised and updated
- Many contributors new to this edition
- New chapters on Ethics, Diabetes and Long-term conditions
- Extensively revised combined chapter on palliative care and end of life issues
- Now with accompanying free e-book on Expert Consult for the first time
- Now in full colour
Edited by Adam Peter Staten, MA (cantab), MBBS (London), MRCP (UK), DRCOG DMCC, General Practitioner, Red House Surgery, Milton Keynes, UK and Paul Staten, DRCOG, MA, MBBS (1979), MRCGP , General Practitioner, The Red House Surgery, Milton Keynes, UK.
'Great book for general practice with lots of sound, sensible practical advice.'
'Excellent and practical! Covers almost every aspect of a GP's presenting cases. More than useful for a GP from abroad starting working in the UK! Highly recommended.'
'Really useful book to have on stand-by when triaging patient complaints.'
'This book contains the latest guidelines for management of various clinical conditions in general practice. A good, easy to read text. Good to have on hand in the practice.'
'Very easy to read, very relevant to my profession, comprehensive and is one the best books out there relevant to general practice.'
'What a great book, it is now my bible and I carry it around and often use it for treatment of unusual cases or things that, as a long-standing GP, I have forgotten.'
Having recently become a GP principal, I have found this book extremely helpful. It has short sections on almost everything from DSS forms to drug detox, as well as the staples of chest disease, dermatology etc. Information is up to date and of a very appropriate depth. Tables in the appendices include fitness to drive, vaccination schedules, cancer ref guidelines among many others. highly recommended.'
'Extremely good book, saving many hours of flipping through guidelines after guidelines.'
'A must-have for Registrars and new principals in General Medical Practice, this book deserves a much wider readership. It challenges established practice with impunity, citing references where necessary. It makes no apology for including both the management of acute medical emergencies and the appropriate use of the humble Form Med 3. An eclectic tour of modern General Practice, warts and all.'
'Excellent layout and wording, like an instruction manual for GP training. Ideal must have for GP registrars. What more can I say.'
'Read this book front to back during my GP registrar year - really fantastic. Lots of pearls of wisdom (all evidenced based) - in my opinion covers many areas not covered by other books on the market.'
|Autor||Adam Peter Staten & Paul Staten|
|Data de publicação||08/2019|