Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Accompanied by a website containing an additional chapter on implantology (June 2018), over 500 MCQs for exam preparation, videos and case studies with sample referral letters, together with the online educational resource 'Assessing the Periodontium', by Peter Heasman and Philip Preshaw, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK.
Covering the essentials of periodontics in an accessible, easy-to-read manner, Practical Periodontics - an innovative new publication from Elsevier - examines all aspects of the speciality which range from the aetiology of periodontal disease through to diagnosis and treatment planning, non-surgical and surgical disease management and the interface of periodontics with other disciplines.
Fully referenced and evidenced-based throughout, readers will learn about macro- and microanatomy, host-response and susceptibility, the role of biofilms and systemic and local risk factors. Classification and assessment and the relationship of periodontitis with systemic disease are also explored. Chapters also examine instrumentation, the use of antibiotics, the assessment of treatment outcomes and the use of supportive periodontal therapy.
Richly illustrated in full colour by the Gray's Anatomy team, each chapter of the book offers a set of clear learning objectives and contains useful 'key point boxes' to highlight essential facts, practical tips and common pitfalls.
Prepared by experts of international renown, Practical Periodontics will be ideal for all undergraduate students of dentistry, oral hygiene and therapy as well as practicing clinicians.
- Accompanying WEBSITE offers new chapter on implantology (June 2018), over 500 interactive questions, videos and case reports, to aid exam preparation
- Written in an accessible, easy-to-read style to aid retention of facts
- Chapter overviews, 'learning objectives' and key points boxes aid revision
- Practical approach to the subject helps bring 'learning to life'
- Offers guidance regarding the management of children and young adults, as well as specialist referrals
- Prepared by contributors of international renown
- Discusses patient education - including self-care and oral hygiene methods
- Full colour artwork program helps explain detailed processes such as complex immunological responses
- Designed specifically to give students confidence when performing periodontal procedures
- Explores the interaction of periodontology with other dental disciplines, including implant and orthodontic specialists
- Suitable for all undergraduate students of dentistry, hygiene and therapy
New to this Edition
- Contains a new online chapter Dental Implantology in Periodontics by Dr Colin Priestland MSc BDS MGDSRCS, Specialist in Periodontics (UK), Private Practice, Townsville, Queensland, Australia, and Senior Lecturer, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia; and Professor Neil Meredith PhD MSc BDS FDSRCS LDSRCS FICD, Head of Dental School, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
|Autor||Ken Eaton & Philip Ower|
|Data de publicação||11/2019|