Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Sims' Symptoms in the Mind: Textbook of Descriptive Psychopathology, 6th Edition
Since its first edition in 1988, this book has become the leading introductory textbook on clinical psychopathology. Now fully revised and updated, it is an invaluable reference for psychiatrists of all levels as well as clinical psychologists, allied mental health professionals and researchers in this field.
- Comprehensive and accessible overview of clinical psychopathology.
- Defines, clarifies and describes the main symptoms and syndromes of mental illness encountered in clinical practice.
- Illustrates key principles of psychopathology with examples drawn from a wide range of sources.
- Fully updated throughout.
- Includes key point summaries.
- Complementary access to the e-book through ExpertConsult.
- Additional online electronic resources include:
- Patient interview scenarios exploring key themes (videos with transcripts).
- Author podcasts (audio) to expand and clarify core topics.
- Interactive question and answer sections for each chapter, to test your understanding and aid revision of essential areas.
New to this Edition
- Now in 4 colour.
- New, bigger, more user-friendly format.
- Three new podcasts (consciousness, embodiment, shame and guilt).
By Femi Oyebode, MBBS, MD, PhD, FRCPsych, Professor of Psychiatry and Consultant Psychiatrist, University of Birmingham, National Centre for Mental Health, Birmingham, UK.
From reviews of the previous edition:
'Essential resource for new psychiatry trainees. Unlike other books, explains and demonstrates psychiatry symptoms so that you really understand them.'
'Essential and interesting reading for mental health professionals.'
'Great book with a very good approach to psychopathology with practical examples. I like the possibility for online interaction with experts.'
|Data de publicação||10/2018|