Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Cowell and Tyler's Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat, 5th Edition
Long-trusted in the field, Cowell & Tyler's Diagnostic Cytology and Hematology of the Dog and Cat, 5th Edition is the complete resource for helping you learn the necessary skills to diagnosis and treat dogs and cats. This essential clinical reference includes detailed illustrations to help you quickly and accurately build a treatment plan for hundreds of medical diagnoses. Microscopic evaluation techniques and interpretation guidelines for organ tissue, blood, and other body fluid specimens provide a basic understanding of sample collection and specimen preparation. In addition, algorithms are generously distributed throughout the text, helping you evaluate various cytologic preparations. Written by a team of experts, this fifth edition includes over 150 new, high-resolution photomicrographs and histopathology images, and a new chapter covering the Female Reproductive Tract. Additionally, an Expert Consult website features the entire text plus an electronic atlas with more than 1,000 full-color photomicrographs depicting abnormalities within each blood cell line!
- UPDATED! Revised chapters throughout the text give you the most complete and up-to-date coverage of recently recognized conditions, new terminology, and new procedures.
- Coverage of the basics of specimen collection, preparation, microscopic evaluation, and interpretation for organ tissues, blood, and other body fluids saves you time by having comprehensive information in one all-inclusive resource.
- Detailed instructions for submission and transport of samples as well as culture and commercial laboratory interpretation guide you through in-house laboratory evaluation.
- User-friendly, easy-to-follow algorithms and tables facilitate quick access to necessary information and guide you to the most accurate cytologic diagnosis.
- Over 1,300 vivid, high-resolution images let users zoom in to help identify normal vs. abnormal cells, enabling you to make accurate diagnoses.
- Contributions from nearly 50 academic and diagnostic laboratory experts provide you with the best and most current information available.
New to this Edition
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expert Consult website has entire text plus an electronic atlas including the Zoomify feature which allows you to zoom in and out of more than 1,000 full-color photomicrographs depicting abnormalities within each blood cell line.
- NEW! Female Reproductive Tract chapter provides updated coverage of vaginal cytology and includes all-new information on uterine and ovarian aspirates.
- NEW! More than 150 high-resolution photomicrographs and histopathology images help you identify normal vs. abnormal cells, tissues, and lesions.
- NEW! Enhanced section on urinalysis with all-new images helps you to identify various types of crystals in urine sediment.
By Amy C. Valenciano, DVM, MS, DACVP, Veterinary Clinical Pathologist IDEXX Reference Laboratories Dallas, Texas and Rick L. Cowell, DVM, MS, MRCVS, DACVP, Veterinary Clinical Pathologist, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., Stillwater, OK
|Autor||Amy C. Valenciano & Rick L. Cowell|
|Data de publicação||07/2019|