Utilizamos cookies para melhorar a navegação dos nossos utilizadores. Para cumprir com a nova legislação de privacidade, precisamos de pedir o seu consentimento para continuar a usar cookies. Saiba mais.
Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian, 3rd Edition
Small animal veterinarians of all specialties and at all stages in their careers will find the new edition of Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian their invaluable one-stop shop for the information they need to provide optimal patient care in an emergency situation. Readers familiar with the previous edition will be pleased to see the text comprehensively updated, with much new content and many new features including an all-color design to make finding information easier than ever. Those coming to the book for the first time will appreciate its clarity of structure, its concise and practical approach and its step-by-step presentation of key information, all of which will prove their worth time and again in each new emergency, whatever the species. For those working as a solo doctor in an emergency practice, Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian third edition will fulfil the role of a substitute colleague when further information is needed quickly. No small animal clinician will want to be without a copy.
New to this edition
- Contains two new chapters on supportive care (fluid therapy, oxygen supplementation, analgesia, nutritional support) and shock
- Presents the latest recommendations for cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Includes the latest diagnostic testing regimens
- Offers current therapeutic recommendations including analgesia and nutritional support
- Dr Plunkett is joined by new co-authors for respiratory emergencies and emergencies of the urinary tract, and for a completely revised and augmented exotics chapter
- Contains major updates, revisions and expansions of the toxicologic emergencies chapter
By Signe J. Plunkett, DVM
"Overall, this is a nice book to have as a reference. It is updated and has better images than the previous version, and the color-coded pages are helpful when using it as a quick reference. It includes a great deal of information that sometimes is a detriment to "quickness."-Brittany Perry, BS, DVM(University of Illinois Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital) Doody Review: 83/100
|Autor||Signe J. Plunkett & Signe J. Plunkett|
|Data de publicação||12/2012|